The Government of Ukraine adopted Resolution № 611 “On Amendments to Certain Acts of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine”, which significantly simplified the procedure for entry and stay of foreigners and stateless persons in Ukraine during the quarantine period, namely:
- the ban on crossing the state border for entry into Ukraine of foreigners and stateless persons from the territory of the Republic of India, temporarily introduced on May 2, 2021, has been abolished;
- from 17.06.2021 the following procedure for entry of persons into Ukraine has been established:
entry into Ukraine of foreigners and stateless persons is allowed if foreign travelers provide:
- negative / ‘not detected’ result from a COVID-19 Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) test; or
- negative / ‘not detected’ result of Rapid Antigen Test COVID-19 test carried out no more than 72 hours before they cross the state border of Ukraine; or
- fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with vaccines, included by World Health Organization in the list of permitted for use in emergency issued in accordance with the International Health Regulations (2005) or in accordance with international agreements concluded by Ukraine on mutual recognition of documents about vaccination.
The above requirements regarding mandatory policy (certificates) of insurance and documents of negative / ‘not detected’ test result / full vaccination course do not apply to such categories foreigners and stateless persons:
- foreigners, stateless persons permanently residing in Ukraine, and persons recognized as refugees or persons in need additional protection;
- employees of diplomatic missions and consular offices of foreign states accredited to Ukraine, official international missions, organisations, and members of their families;
- drivers and crew members of freight transport activities, buses that carry out regular, irregular and pendulum transportation of members crews of aircraft and ships, river vessels, members of trains and locomotive crews;
- servicemen (units) of the armed forces of NATO member states and NATO's Partnership for Peace member states, which take part in the training of units of the Armed Forces.
In the absence of an insurance policy (certificate) or a negative / ’not detected’ PCR/ Antigen test for COVID-19 or document of full vaccination course for other categories of foreign travellers, the State Border Guard Service is entitled to refuse entry to Ukraine.
- the procedure for crossing and exiting the checkpoints of entry into the temporarily occupied territories in Donetsk and Luhansk regions, the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol has been clarified:
crossing of checkpoints by foreigners and stateless persons is carried out in the prescribed manner without the need for self-isolation on the basis of an insurance policy (certificate) issued by an insurance company registered in Ukraine or a foreign insurance company with a representative office in Ukraine or contractual relations with insurance company - a partner in Ukraine (assistance), covers the costs for treatment of COVID-19, and is valid for the period of stay in Ukraine. At the same time, the following categories of foreigners and stateless persons are exempted from the requirement to provide the specified policy (certificate) for the purposes of crossing the checkpoints:
- foreigners, stateless persons permanently residing on the territory of Ukraine;
- employees of representative offices of official international missions, organizations accredited in Ukraine.